The boat launch is located along Hinckston Run Road. Other activities may be found around the Reservoir area.
Construction of other amenities will occur as funding allows. CSA encourages local groups and organizations to assist efforts to maintain the recreation facilities. Interested groups should contact CSA.
Information Call: (814) 532-8851 or (814) 532-8942
Rates, Fees and Policies
First Come First Served; OR the pavilion may be reserved for $25.00 for a day.
Fee must be submitted at least 3 days prior to reservation. A “Release” will be required to be signed by the individual responsible for the reservation.
Map and Directions
Hinckston Run Reservoir boat launch:
Please note posted speed limits!
From Johnstown, Somerset and points south:
- Follow Route 219 North
- Take Route 56 into Johnstown
- Turn right onto Walnut St.
- At the end of Walnut St. turn right onto Route 271 North
- Take 271 North for 5 ¼ miles.
- Turn left onto Hinckston Run Rd. near the village of Good’s Corner
- Hinckston Run Road loops back to Route 271 (North of Good’s Corner)
From Blairsville, Ebensburg and points north:
- Take Route 22 to Mundy’s Corner
- Take Route 271 South 5 ¼ miles
- Turn onto Hinckston Run Rd. near the village of Wesley Chapel
- Follow Road to the Reservoir
- Hinckston Run Road loops back to Route 271 (South of Wesley Chapel)
Future Plans and Additional
- Continued operation of current recreation activities
- Continued availability of public boating and fishing
- Construction of additional picnic tables and pavilions (as funding and resources permit)