Wilmore Reservoir has two Recreation Areas: South, near the breast of the Reservoir, the most commonly used site; and East, a.k.a. Patrick Road. Both rec areas have composting toilets, access to hiking/biking trails, pavilions, and picnic tables.
Wilmore South, accessed via Law Road, also has a handicap-accessible fishing pier and boat launch, as well as adequate parking area.
Wilmore East, accessed via Patrick Road, is closed at certain points along the access road when the weather is unfavorable. Usually, this is from late November to mid-March.
Parking area is available at Wilmore North, located off of Spinner Road. Walk-in only is available from the parking lot to the reservoir.
Information Call: (814) 532-8851 or (814) 532-8942
Rates, Fees and Policies
First Come First Served OR pavilion(s) may be reserved for $25.00 per pavilion for a day.
Fee must be submitted at least 3 days prior to reservation. A “Release” will be required to be signed by the individual responsible for the reservation.
- Electricity at the picnic pavilions (Wilmore-South)
- The composting toilets have been installed and are working properly (Wilmore-South and East).
- Public access is available to Wilmore East Rec Area, where a pavilion and picnic tables are available.
- A swing set, monkey bars, and bouncy seats are available at the recreation area at the breast of the dam (Wilmore-South).
Map and Directions
Directions to Wilmore South from Route 219:
Please note posted speed limits!
- Take the exit for Route 53 (Portage/South Fork exit)
- Turn right, following Route 53 East to Wilmore
- Turn left at the stoplight onto Route 160 North
- Turn Right onto Willow Beach Road
- Turn Right onto Law Road
- Follow this road to the Reservoir
Future Plans and Additional
- Continued operation of the recreation areas
- Continued availability of public boating and fishing